A candidate for one of the Graduate Academic Certificate programs must possess the prerequisite skills for entry into the Anderson College of Business and Computing degree programs and the specific prerequisite skills/knowledge identified in each Certificate Program.
Graduate Academic Certificates are designed for students who wish to seek new career opportunities, enhance their work-related knowledge and skills and to advance themselves educationally. The Graduate Academic Certificate represents a selection of courses from the Master of Science programs. These courses could eventually be included in a graduate student's program of study or stand alone as courses beyond the degree requirements.
Specific parameters for Anderson College of Business and Computing Graduate Certificates include:
- A minimum of 12 semester hours of credit.
- The courses offered within a given certificate represent a coherent body of knowledge chosen in consultation with representatives of appropriate academic disciplines.
- The Certificate Program identifies the description of the courses required for completion and the recommended sequencing of those courses.
Certificate of Admission
The Regis University Admissions Office must receive the following documentation from each applicant before an admission recommendation will be rendered:
- Official transcripts reflecting a baccalaureate degree awarded from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Current resume.
- Admission essay.
- Faculty interview.
Once all documentation has been received, an admission committee reviews the application, a faculty member conducts an interview, and the committee makes an admission recommendation.
Admission for Health Care Informatics Certificate
The ideal candidate for the Certificate in Health Care Informatics holds a baccalaureate degree in Health Care Administration/ Management or a baccalaureate degree in a business, clinical or health related field with two to three years of management experience in a health industry setting and has some experience with health care systems. Applications are individually evaluated on the basis of the following admission criteria:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or evidence that undergraduate degree requirements will be met no later than August of the current year.
- A minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.000 on a 4.000 scale or an admission essay (minimum 750 words with appropriate references) addressing an issue specified in the application materials.
- A current resume or other documentation of professional experience.
- A personal interview. This may be waived for HSA progression students.
- A completed application form.
Note: Applicants without degrees or experience in a health-related field may be required to take prerequisite coursework. All documents submitted during the application process become the property of Regis University.
Anderson College Graduate Academic Certificate Requirements
An Academic Certificate requires that students meet the following requirements in addition to a minimum of 12 specified graduate semester hours:
- Candidates must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.000 or better in graduate level courses throughout the Certificate Program.
- A grade of “C” or higher is required for all certificate requirements. Grades lower than a “C” do not meet any requirement of the Certificate Program under any circumstance (i.e., a grade of “C-” is unacceptable).
- The Certificate Program must be successfully completed within four years (48 months) from the date of the student’s acceptance into the Certificate Program.
- Any course required to complete one certificate may not be used toward fulfillment of requirements for another certificate.
- All semester hours required must be earned through Regis University. Graduate transfer credit is not accepted into the Graduate Certificate Program.
Certificate Areas of Study
- Cybersecurity Essentials
- Data Science
- Enterprise Engineering
- Enterprise Java Software Development
- Executive Project Management
- Full Stack +
- Health Care Informatics
- Information Assurance Policy Management
- Leading Technology Teams
- Mobile Software Development
- Nonprofit Leadership
- Software Engineering