The Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration (HCA) is offered through the Division of Health Services Education.
The HCA Program combines liberal arts and an extensive professional core emphasizing the development of management and leadership skills for application in a variety of health care settings. The unique multi-disciplinary design of the curriculum places HCA students together with students from other health care disciplines.
Health Care Administration offers a wide array of professional opportunities in many different health care settings including hospitals, clinics, managed care providers, long-term care facilities, insurance companies, commercial vendors, and government agencies.
- Students must submit an application to the program and pay the application fee. The application fee is waived for students already enrolled at Regis University.
- The applicant must submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Transfer students must have a minimum 2.500 cumulative grade point average. Students who do not meet this criterion may petition for special admission.
The applicant must demonstrate a minimum competence level in written English. Students with English as a second language are required to pass the TOEFL examination with a minimum score of 213 (computer-based), or complete an ESL Language Center’s level 109-Academic within one year prior to acceptance into the program.
Regis University reserves the right to deny admission, continued enrollment, or re-enrollment to any applicant or student who would pose an unreasonable risk of harm to self or others, or any unreasonable risk of disruption to the academic or clinical processes of the HCA Program, the Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions, or Regis University.
Students are admitted into the HCA Program, but may not take upper division HCA coursework until the specific prerequisites of each course are met.
Note: All documents submitted during the application process become the property of Regis University.
- A minimum of 30 graded semester hours must be taken at Regis University.
- Transfer coursework is evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
- The required internship is virtual and team-based with a professor assigned site, unless otherwise approved by the division chairs.
- To graduate, students must have at least a 2.000 cumulative grade point average.
- Students are responsible for monitoring progress toward completion of degree requirements including meeting the 120 semester hour requirement. Each student is assigned an academic success coach for academic advising assistance.